The Department of English Language and Literature at Al-Yarmok University College is considered the first department of English language and literature in Diyala province. This department adopts what the department of English Language at the College of Arts, University of Baghdad, offers. It provides instruction in certain subjects of language and literature such as grammar, language, translation, conversation, reading, poetry, novel, drama, literary criticism and other subjects that are taught on the undergraduate level at the Department of English Language and Literature. French is taught as a second language in the four academic stages. After completing the graduation requirements, the student obtains a bachelor’s degree in English language and literature, which enables him/her to work in various fields of professional life.
The mission of the Department of English Language and Literature is to strengthen the orientation of the College towards excellence at the local, regional and global levels. In achieving this, the department offers distinguished academic programs characterized by creativity in learning and collective scientific research in the disciplines of English language and literature.
The mission of the Department of English Language Literature is summarized in strengthening the faculty’s orientation towards excellence at the local, regional and global levels by providing distinguished academic programs characterized by creativity in learning and collective scientific research in the disciplines of literature and language and to benefit from the best methods available in the world in order to provide students with scientific and practical skills. Which qualifies them to serve and advance society in a world in which languages constitute the most important foundations for effective vital cultural communication.
1. Ensuring that the graduates have skills characterized by an understanding and awareness of the nature of dealing with different cultures.
2. Developing language and communication skills and competencies that facilitate the successful use of English and French in later stages and in social and professional life in general.
3. Enhancing the students' competencies in English and French through the use of modern technologies that have a positive impact on developing personal, intellectual, social and professional aspects.
4. Developing students' skills in English as a foreign language in the field of language, literature and translation.
5. Developing students' skills in French in the field of comparison and application to expand students' technical aspects of learning foreign languages.
6. Encouraging students to think critically, which qualifies them to understand the culture of the English-speaking world
Dr. Raed Lateef
Head of Deparment
Assit.Lect. Mohammed Najim Abdullah
Lect. Shurooq Talab Jaafar
Assit.Lect. Shahad Ziyad Najii
Assit. Lect. Duaa Ali Hassan
Assit. Lect. Shurooq Khamas Hasan
Assit.Lect. Hayder Abdul Ameer Hassan
Lect.Dr. Abdulkareem Yaseen Ahmed
Assit Lect. Alaa Abdul Rida Oda
Lect. Dr. Anwar Jawad Kadhim
Lect.Dr. Ahmed Rasheed Majeed